A new baking blog

Well, Welcome to my first and only baking blog. This will be my compendium for tried and tested recipes on all sorts of cakes, cupcakes and pies. I figured that I bake so much I might as well start a blog so that I can share my recipes on here. I love baking. A Lot! I see a new recipe and I immediately run home to make it. Usually my co-workers are the ones that try all my baking since my husband and I are trying to lose weight. Although I do leave him a few since he has a bit of a sweet tooth. I grew up around constant baking.

My mother is a southern woman so she's always cooking huge meals and lots of desserts. My grandmothers are the same as well. On one side of the family we have some deep south cooking and on the other side of the family there are wonderful Spaniard delights. I'm thankful that I was raised in an environment where cooking is a big thing.

When I was younger I hated to cook or bake anything. I remember telling my mother that I wasn't going to have to do any baking since I was going to have to hire a cook when I grew up. I don't know what I was thinking, considering the fact that I now love being in the kitchen most of the time.

I work odd hours so when I get home around 8:30pm I still try to make something, anything really. My biggest reward from my baked goods is hearing "No, No, I can't eat anymore." That's when you've made some one happy with food. When they can't have another bite. Well, on with the show eh?

0 comments: