Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes



I hate peanut butter. Just hate it. I know! It should be a felony to hate such a thing, but I can't help it. All those school lunches my mother made my brother and I when we were growing up just got to me. My husbands "mistress" (aka his best friend, Mike) was over the night after last and requested peanut butter cupcakes. His girlfriend Francis was over as well and we decided to bake some while making these yummy fajitas. So we made a run to the grocery story for some stuff. We made the cupcakes during the same time the fajitas were being made so that the cupcakes would be cooled by the time dinner was done.



Mmmm, yummy batter.

These cupcakes tasted like peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips in them. I actually liked them.

Cupcake batter:

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, soft to the touch.
1 cup of sugar.
2 cups of self-rising flour, sifted
4 eggs
3/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1 cup of semi sweet bakers chocolate chips (any chocolate is fine really)

Frosting mix:

1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter (although creamy would have been much easier to use, but I had crunchy at the time)
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) softened to the touch
3 tsp. of vanilla extract
3 cups of confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 tbsp. milk


While making the batter, start heating your oven to 350F degrees. In a large bowl toss in together the butter, sugar, eggs and flour. Beat until smooth. Using an electric mixer is probably much easier with this mix. After you see that the batter is nice and smooth add the peanut butter. Mix everything together for 2 minutes and then you are ready to pour this baby into your cupcake lined pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Make sure to let cool before placing the frosting on the cupcakes.

For the frosting, toss in together the peanut butter, vanilla and butter in a medium sized bowl. Beat the mix until it has that light and fluffy look to it, which is usually about 2-3 minutes. Then go ahead and add the confectioners' sugar along with the milk and mix together until they look well combined.

I kinda mixed everything together for the frosting by accident since I was in a hurry, in doing so the frosting sort of hardened when I placed the finished cupcakes in the fridge. Next time I know to follow my mom's recipe to the dot. I sprinkled some chocolate shavings on the frosting while the cupcake was still warm so that it would melt on the cupcakes. But it probably would look much better had I let them cool off. They still tasted quite yummy.

0 comments: