Oh Biscotti!

Oh man, I've had so much to do these past few days. I had to work 7 days straight. I had to hold a BBQ, I went vegetarian, I cleaned my house from top to bottom in 2 hours only to have it messed up after that. So during a break today I was able to FINALLY make my Lenox Almond Biscotti's.

I'm not really allowed to give out the recipe, but I'm gonna go ahead and give out the ingredients.
This was super easy to make and really quick which is what I needed in order to relax.

You're going to need all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, corn meal, butter, sugar, eggs, almond extract, sliced almonds, cinnamon, ground ginger and allspice.

I've been craving that Fall-Winter feeling so bad that I added the cinnamon, allspice and ground ginger. In Dorie Greenspan's book, Baking: From my home to yours, it also gives you variations like the one I used.

I really miss the cool weather with the color change as well. I really wish Fall-Winter did happen to Miami. Ah, well on with the pictorial.


He didn't care that I wanted a picture of him, he just wanted to know why I hadn't started baking yet!



The baking instructions with my trusty bowl!



Most of the dry ingredients. My husband gave me that funny look you give when looking at a crazy person who is taking pictures of a bowl full of powder.



Whisking dry goods. Yay! No, Not really.




Oh I absolutely loved this part, sugary butter and spices! They were yummy! Before the eggs of course! Don't want to risk salmonella, do we?


(Insert whirling noises from hand mixer and Voila!)

Ready to pour onto a baking sheet. I was going to buy a silicon baking mat, but I got out of work at 8 PM tonight and It's my wedding anniversary. Which I forgot about. Yes I'm that person. So on my way home my husband reminds me what day it is and that he has dinner plans.

I knew exactly what day it was when he told me and I knew exactly what he ordered, Sushi. My absolute fav! So I really shouldn't have baked at all tonight, but this is my first submission to TWD and I wanted to do it. It was only an hour really.




I know, I left it in for 5 minutes extra while I had to answer a phone call and thats what happened! I was a bit discouraged it was going to blow up on me.



Saw, Saw, Saw those burnt edges off and cut them into long strips.



Lined them up like a marching band and BAM! cam out yummy. I know I'm going to have some of these for breakfast tomorrow with my coffee! Till next Tuesday with my next TWD post.

This Friday I'll be experimenting with cupcakes and fondant. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you updated!

0 comments: