Git 'er done!

Man oh man, What a difficult cake to make. I don't think Ill be making specialty cakes for a while.
Although this is my second specialty cake and Ive never had training on how to use the fondant. I pretty much learn as I go. I used a chocolate cake with Banana buttercream.

Chocolate Cake Recipe can be found here

Banana Buttercream Recipe:

3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons whipping cream
1/2 package of banana pudding mix

Directions

In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.

Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency. Add pudding mix.


Marshmallow Fondant Recipe:
Recipe from CakeJournal

1 bag of white marshmallows (8 oz)
Water (2 tbsp)
Confectioners, sifted (1 to 2 pounds)
Crisco
Food colors or cocoa powder
Flavoring optional

Note: you can of course use your kitchen mixer when mixing in the icing sugar. Just remember to grease the bowl and paddle attachment well with Crisco.

Follow the instructions on her blog to achieve a great fondant. The only thing I forgot to do was add the coloring so I had to kneed it in. Ouch.


My boss and the crew.

Here are the pictures of my Cowboy hat cake.









2 comments:

Katie said...

For not knowing how to use Fondant it looks pretty darn amazing to me!

Averna said...

Holy crapola. So I saw "Here's a picture of my cowboy hat" and I scroll down, looking at the pictures, and I'm like "wow, she's really rocking this close up of the cowboy hat, maybe she's showing off the genuine leather or something? Maybe it was really expensive or something."




/scroll down more








OH MY GOD ITS A CAKE.

Literally, I had no idea. I thought it was a FREAKING HAT.

Well done indeed!

PS - I don't think we've officially met. I'm Allison (aka Averna), Valis' girlfriend. Hai!